Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sketching through March


My current employment (beyond child wrangling of kids and their various activities) is of a sparodic nature. Days or weeks of work which leave little time for creativity followed by days or weeks of time where I can get outside, enjoy the sunshine and sketch, sketch, sketch. I'm really grateful for this type of job as it suits my wants very well.


So March has been a great month for getting out and about. I returned to The Bower on the walk from Manly to Shelly Beach to draw one of my favourite buildings in the area. This is the spot I started my first urban sketch about 6 months ago.


 

I also had the good fortune this week to meet Liz Steel at her favourite teahouse - T2. A fabulous spot for tea, scones, discussing sketching and a bit of artwork.




Manly has its fair share of cafes that I am still to discover. Foundary Fiftythree was one I visited for the first time last week. It's exactly the kind of place I love to draw because it is well styled with lots  great vintage bits and pieces throughout. Nice character and good coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome