Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Composing photos from Grandmother's sewing tin

 I do have two boy themed stamps to show you later in the week but in the meantime I thought I'd share with you some pics I've been creating from my Grandmother's sewing tin contents. 


Delicate Embroidery Transfer by Fautleys




Pretty coloured spools of thread
(boil proof for when you need to wash items in your copper!)




Tube of pins. I love this Cross Fox trademark.
So much to be said for simple strong graphics on packaging.

My favourite app to use is Photo Studio but there are lots of others to choose from. There are more photos here on Webstagram.


If you have your Grandmother's sewing kit too I'd love to see some pics! Please feel free to share any relevant links to posts or pictures in the comments below : )

Want to see some more blogging creative space? Pop over here.

Update: Much thanks to Jeannine of Saylor Made for providing a link to her Flickr photos of her Grandma's sewing Kit.




5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous images and items Chantal!
    I don't have any sewing items from my grandmothers, i don't think either of them did anything like that!XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have my grandmother's sewing box and love it. It feels like we are connected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love old sewing bits, what treasure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally got around to taking pictures of my grandma's kit. I uploaded them to my flckr account. http://www.flickr.com/photos/saylormade/sets/72157627568937487/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome